The Chesapeake Dressage Institute (CDI) operates at Waters End Farm in Annapolis, MD. Waters End Farm is situated on 75 acres of open fields and wooded trails, yet only three miles from downtown Annapolis.
- Training and Boarding is offered through Lisa Gruen of Ryder, LLC.
- The intimate 14-stall barn features stalls with outside windows, stall mats, fans, video monitors, and deep kiln dried bedding.
- It features a regulation-size indoor arena with mirrors and state-of-the-art Equation footing that is dust-free and shock absorbent to protect the horse’s joints and feet; as well as a regulation-size outdoor ring with a rubber/bluestone mixed footing.
- For riding outside the ring, there are miles of groomed trails, open fields, and exercise hills.
- Horses receive private turn-out daily (other than in adverse weather conditions) with boots and blankets in individual turn-out paddocks.
- There is a climate-controlled tack room, bathroom with shower, a viewing lounge, arena sound system, and heated bleachers. Boarding riders also have the use of the Pilates equipment with visiting instructor, Jill Crutchfield. Pilates is a wonderful conditioning for dressage.
- A full time groom is housed in the barn apartment where video monitors show the horse stalls and outside pastures, so that along with our scheduled night check, there is an added touch of security.
- Additional stalls are available outside of the main barn area for clinic horses and the intake and processing of new boarders to safeguard against potential transfer of diseases.